With our years of real estate law and litigation experience, we are well situated to handle the new area of law known as foreclosure defense. Since the inception of the current crisis we have represented hundreds of clients throughout the foreclosure process protecting their legal rights and exploring all of their legal and practical options. All prospective clients are welcomed to a free consultation to discuss their individual circumstances, their goals, and the possibility of achieving these goals. This will include the following:
- The history of their mortgage
- Their financial situation
- Any possible defenses and how realistic or cost effective they are
- The pros and cons to alternatives to foreclosure such as loan modification, short sale, and deed in lieu
- If modification is desired what steps must be taken – income required, budgeting, planning
The differing treatment between principal residence and investment property Some of the following frequently asked questions are also addressed:
- The time can the borrower expect to remain in the property
- The investor owner’s ability to continue to collect rent
- Tax liability from foreclosure
- The risk to other assets and the ability to protect them
- The option of bankruptcy
- Effects on credit ratings and possible credit restoration
Attorneys’ fees for foreclosure defense are fair, reasonable, and affordable. Clients are kept informed of legal filings by e-mail. Most questions are responded within 24 to 48 hours.
In our experience, our representation is most effective when the consultation occurs before you are served with foreclosure summons and complaint or with a few days after service (and before you file your reply).